Friday, May 24, 2013

Eat to Live - Day Two (Wednesday, May 22nd)


What an absolutely awful day!  Could anyone tell?  A co-worker of mine was concerned cause she wanted to know where the happy Chris was and so I whined a lot of just how hungry I was! I enjoyed the breakfast quite a bit - it was blueberries/banana oatmeal.  About a 1/2 hour later it gave me heartburn. It really hurt, but I chugged some water and it went away quickly.  That was pretty fast.  I am thankful.  Im having a really hard time putting down the lettuce.  I got a bag full of carrots, celery and red bell peppers, but only ate half of the red bell peppers, and all of the carrots.  Today we had a work event to have fun, we went bowling. Of course it was catered with a nice spread, I nibbled on watermelon and strawberries and had water.  We each got two drink tickets and I happily gave those away.  One of my co-workers walked passed me pretty close and I smelled his cocktail and I stopped hi and asked if I could just smelled it cause I just love the smell of whiskey (hey - i like what I like lol)  It was during this time where things were pretty unbearable - the "hunger" pangs in my stomach were the worst I had ever felt.  I don't even remember the juice fast even being this bad and I did that for three weeks.  I kept drinking water and then try to nibble on some carrots to get rid of the pain, but it wouldn't go away.  Even while eating the carrots, which I don't find disgusting, were hard to eat cause I really felt like i wanted to vomit.  I decided that after one game of bowling I needed to leave cause I knew at least I would get dinner when I got home 90 mins later.  When I got home Beth had a nice salad waiting for me.  It had pear and lemon on top - it was good, but it was still something my mind and mouth had a hard time embracing.  I also hate a plateful of vegetable.  It was a beautiful and colorful medley of tomato, chard, & squash.  It tasted very great. However I had to push through this. Each time I took a bite I wanted to gag - again I know it is a mind thing.  I still can't believe I am putting myself through this!  Will I ever get pass my mental block, even when my mouth thinks it tastes good.  In the 45 minute process of eating dinner I held the food on my tongue to try to tell my brain to match what my tongue is experiencing.  I am a big believer in renewing your mind, and this is one thing I hope occurs on this journey. You see I had to send my children away from the table today. I don't want them to see me struggle eating.  They know I am eating differently but today I just couldn't do it with them around.  Im not trying to uphold a certain strong image with them, trust me they have seen me fail and give up and learned life lessons in those, but today was that awful. I needed solidarity with my wife as I pushed through my last meal of the day.  I finished it  One last thing to note in the day., I think what Beth and I are both missing is a salty - flavorful taste.  Beth doesn't like the recipes in the Eat to Live plan.  We discussed possibly making changes, I haven't been thrilled with them but I really think its cause I have to get used to them.  We didn't really make any kind of decision on what to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment