Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Eat to Live - Day One (Tuesday, May 21st)




Ok today didn't go so bad.  Like I said yesterday I knew I would have some troubles in the bathroom area. I dealt with it like I always do and knew that tomorrow will be different.  Everything I ate was pretty good.  For breakfast I had mixed fruit with flax seed, and for lunch I had this awesome pita with portabella mushrooms, red bell peppers and even onions.  There was a spread I had not sure what it was, but Beth said go light because it was too salty tasting (fake salt that is) - I did it so light I didn't even know it was there.  During the day a friend called and said he needed my help after work so I let Beth know that I would be late for dinner.  She was ok with that, but she wasn't ok with what she made for dinner.  She made an Austrian Cauliflower soup and she said it was horrible.  I was not looking forward to the soup!  After helping my friend, he asked if I had dinner yet.  I said I had dinner waiting for me.  It felt like he kept asking, and I was trying to avoid telling him why. So I said we have gone nutritarian and it's the first day and I just need to give this way of eating a shot - he knew of some vegan places - but not all vegan is nutrious and I decided I'm just going to trust my wife for a while that I am eating the right things.  Anyway I invited hime to eat what I was having and he really liked it.  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the best thing I had today.  He said it tasted like a gourmet soup and I was shocked to hear him say that. He wanted the recipe.  Please note my friend is a physicians assistant, he tries to eat healthy too, so he likes stuff like this and he's pretty happy Im trying this.  My friend and I usually hang out every Tuesday to open up about life and God and try to encourage each other in the walks we are trying to take, but neither one of us read the chapters of the book we committed to reading for the week, so we opted for a movie.  We went to see Star Trek.  Yes the popcorn smells and my friends large pop were a distraction, but not tempting. Luckily i had the movie to keep my mind off it mostly.  When the movie was over, my friend refilled his popcorn and he took me home. - the ride home was hard cause I had to smell the popcorn without a distraction of a movie.  I made it through day one

No comments:

Post a Comment