Monday, May 20, 2013

Pre- Eat to Live- Day (Monday, May 20th)

 Well last night because we seem to be the type of people that mark beginning points with some sort of celebration - Beth and I decided to take the girls out to Red Robin because we knew that for at least the next six weeks we as a family would not be going to any restaurants.  Well Beth and I split a Californian Chicken Burger with the guacamole on the side like we always do, and I asked for our favorite fries and ranch dressing to come out ahead of time.  Alaina got pizza of all things and the girls got a corn dog meal.  During this time I was truly enjoying the food, but as time went by I would shake my head because I was about to change entirely what I eat for the next six weeks and here I am celebrating in a way that isn't healthy for me.  I mean I just committed my self to a more nutritious way to live.  But we picked the start date to be tomorrow, and I kept justifying that I was doing this for the girls. Well if my struggling mind wasn't going to make me hear the message loud and clear, my body was.  It was not happy after I ate.  I ate all the fries I could, and I even ate Ari's corn dog (I love corn dogs!!), and don't forget the yummy freckled lemonade's - When we left my body felt achy, energy felt weird and I knew that for the very same reason I decided to change how I eat was because how I was feeling.  I knew that the very next morning I was going to be cramping and running to the restroom in a hurry a lot.  We got home and decided to lay down and stop from feeling like I was - this was often the routine and this isn't the way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment