Monday, June 10, 2013

Eat to Live - Day 21 (Monday, June 10th)

All day today I kept thinking to myself, I officially am halfway through the 6 weeks. I cannot believe I haven't had dairy or meat, and I've eating vegetables none the less. Last summer, I tried forcing myself to eat only vegetables but it really didn't work, I'm not sure why.  This time around - I genuinely like what I'm eating!

Today I had my normal breakfast, and I have discovered something about my breakfast.  At the end I usually leave about 3 spoonfuls and then I'm done. Beth thought maybe I was getting too many blueberries, so today she put less in, but I still leave the same amount.  Well I think it because I run out of the banana slices by then, and it's the banana that brings it all together for me.

Tonight for dinner we had Grilled Veggie Fajitas.  When I walked in the door and Beth told me, "We're having fajitas" - I was puzzled!-  When I think of fajitas, I think of beef or chicken, so maybe another tofu type meal?.  Not this meal - it was actually just the veggies that I always skipped when I ate fajitas.  It was kinda weird, I could actually taste the fajita taste, and this whole time I thought it was the meat that did it for me.  Just simply season your grilled veggies and you get the same effect.  Sorry, I didn't get a picture of them, maybe next time we have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment