Saturday, June 8, 2013

Eat to Live - Day 19 (Saturday, June 8th)

Today, me and the girls had a daddy day.  Since yesterday was National Doughnut Day, I promised the girls for breakfast we go get them doughnuts.  I know it seems strange - here we are on a new way of eating and I'm taking my girls out for sugary treats.  Well Beth and I decided it would be too much for us to try as the whole family.  We haven't quite figured out just how we will approach them, but for now we try to limit the un-nutritional stuff as much as possible.   Sweets are definitely not my thing, so not getting a doughnut wasn't a huge challenge for me.  After doughnuts, we headed to downtown Portland to watch the Rose Parade - we thought we were going to be late but we ended up waiting two hours for it to make it where we were, which was close to the end.  Sometimes the wait was hard cause I wanted to be snacking on what my children were snacking on, and other times were challenging because where we decided to sit was in the food cart area where there were tons of yummy smells.  I swear I smelled chorizo and it just had such a wonderful smell.  The closest food cart we sat by was the Grilled Cheese Grill - it was tough seeing everyone walking by while eating the cheesy goodness.


 I managed and popped out my lunch which was a Strawberry Salad Beth through together on her own.   It had cucumbers, mixed greens, walnuts, rice vinegar, & lemon juice.   I looked pretty funny out there eating a salad, but I knew it was worth the reasons I started this in the first place.  I was tired of having no energy (I have lots).  I was tired of the heartburns and acid reflux (it happen one day for a very short time) - no more stomach cramps and of course the weight loss.  I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone, otherwise it would so much harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment